Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Flower Girl World: Review

Audrey, Georgia, and Sydney got to be flower girls in my brother-in-law's wedding this past Saturday. They were beside themselves with excitement in the weeks leading up to the event.

One way I often help my kids prepare for upcoming things is to read them books about the experiences they will be having. So before going to the dentist, we read books about it. Before going apple picking, we read apple books.

And the wedding was no different. We had accumulated a couple of wedding books over the years that the girls enjoyed reading before the big day.

I was offered the chance to review a new website and set of books designed to engage (pun intended) little girls who are interested in flower girls or who are going to be flower girls. Camellia, the Fabulous Flower Girl is a picture book that both Sydney and Georgia enjoyed. It helps girls understand that friends (and flower girls) don't always have to be the same to be friends. It has the little details I like in these kinds of books that help children know what to expect when they are in the situation.

Rosie and the Wedding Day Rescue is a chapter book that Georgia and Audrey both had fun reading. It is for slightly older girls, although I think Audrey (5th grade) is probably even a bit old for it.

But not only are there two fun flower girl books, there's a whole Flower Girl World website. While not yet at full functionality, there are lots of tips for parents and brides, as well as info for flower-girls-to-be and a photo gallery of flower girls. There will be games and activities for girls, as well.

I was provided with free copies of the two books to facilitate my review. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments: