Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weird Sports: REVIEW


What do extreme ironing, toilet racing, and cheese rolling have in common?

They are all actual activities that actual people partake in!

The girls and I have been enjoying a new book, Weird Sports, by Michael Teitelbaum from Beach Ball Books. It is full of full-color photographs of people playing strange sports and participating in off-the-wall games. Georgia (first grade) had some belly laughs when she read about elephant soccer, and Sydney (almost 4) loved looking at the pictures of the toilet and bed racing.

This book is a fun, fast read. The layout of the book is exciting, with lots of photos and short text passages that describe each sport or game. The quotes from real players of the games add an extra layer of "wow" to the stories. My girls really enjoyed it!


I was provided a free copy of Weird Sports to facilitate my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own, or those of my children.

No comments: