Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Norah Jones Review

I have always been a music lover. My parents sang to me all the time when I was a kid, and I was involved in choir and drama club in high school, as well as taking voice, piano, and violin lessons. I loved all kinds of different styles of music.

And then I had kids.

Now, I still listen to a lot of music, but it is usually kid music that I turn to in an effort to minimize fighting in the car.

Recently, I decided that I needed to broaden my repertoire again, so I was glad when One to One Network asked if I wanted to try out Norah Jones' new album, "...Featuring Norah Jones."

This album is comprised of tracks recorded throughout Jones' career, and each track is a duet with a different famous vocalist. The songs span all kinds of styles of music. While I didn't enjoy all of the songs (I'm not a fan of rap music), it was amazing to hear Norah Jones' vocal ability in so many different genres.

Disclosure: As a member of One to One Network, I was provided with a free copy of this album to review. By posting this review, I am entering a contest to win a gift card.

No comments: