Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Job Chart

I don't know about you, but getting my girls to complete their responsibilities each day can be a struggle. I have to remind them multiple times to do things that I think should be old hat by now.

That's why I was intrigued when I heard about My Job Chart. This is an online chore tracking system that allows kids to keep track of the chores they have completed and earn rewards.

Audrey, Georgia and I spent some time setting up our family account. Each child in the family has her own password and can be assigned chores. Chores can be assigned for morning, evening, or both, and for every day, once weekly, as a one-time thing, or on certain days that repeat each week. And for each chore, parents assign a number of points children earn.

Then, parents can give a point value to any number of tangible and non-tangible rewards that kids can work toward. For example, we decided that going out for a Rita's water ice would cost 300 points. Since brushing their teeth twice a day alone is going to get them 10 points, it is a reward that will not take long to acquire.

My only hang-up is that this could turn into just another thing for me to nag them about. It remains to be seen, though. Right now my plan is to leave the site open on our desktop in the dining room, so they can easily log in and track their chores. Since they both love using the computer for any reason, I look forward to seeing a decrease in my involvement in their daily routine. My full review of the helpfulness of this site is forthcoming.

Disclosure: I received a gift card from MomSelect in exchange for checking out this website. My opinions are my own.

No comments: