Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Joshua Bell: At Home With Friends REVIEW

Recently, I was given the opportunity to review Joshua Bell's new album, At Home With Friends. On it, the violinist collaborates with some of his favorite instrumentalists and vocalists to create a truly unique compilation of music.

I will not beat around the bush, I absolutely love this CD. I haven't listened to a lot of instrumental music lately and I have really enjoyed having this music on. My favorite track right now is "My Funny Valentine" in which Joshua Bell collaborates with Kristin Chenoweth. My third grader, Audrey, has just started playing the violin in school and is also loving this CD.

Hearing the amazing instrumentalists and vocalists makes me miss the days in high school and college when I used to sing in choirs. It has actually made me think about finding a choir to join around here somewhere!

Disclosure: I was provided with a free CD for this review, thanks to the One2One Network. I was not compensated in any other way for this review, but by reviewing I am entering a contest to win a gift card.

No comments: